Saturday, April 11, 2009

So dolls, it's been awhile. I'm sorry.

Now that I'm busy on the weekends, It's tough to catch the sales.

However I must remind everyone that Consignment is your friend. Consignment is good.

I no longer buy new unless it's something that I must, because of the ick factor and because I can't find it used.

Recently my finds have been a Cole Haan purse (authentic) for 19 dollars because of a couple makeup stains inside the pocket and an Ella Moss dress for 25, brand new.

On another note I recently bought two citronella candles from Restoration Hardware. They were miss-priced and thus I got them for 75% off. I was originally only going to buy one, but after asking her if I'd get the same price for the second, I splurged.

Never be afraid to ask, for some more if they made a mistake. Sometimes legally they have to give it to you, sometimes they just don't care.

An example of this was about ten years ago when I purchased a bear at Macy's or some such alike store. It rang up as one cent due to some glitch in the computer (90's computers). A small bear with removable camo hat and jacket. For one cent.

So I bought five and gave them to people.

Never be afraid you'll make a tiny fool of yourself or be looked at strangely for getting a great deal. If nothing else you'll have a great story.

No comments: