Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coupons Part Deux

I haven't been shopping much.

Why?

Set aside that I am a poor college student and add in the fact that SF is one of the most expensive areas to live in and you'll see why.

To continue on with the coupon post, I have started shopping only at Walgreen's, not just because they're close, but because they offer cutable coupons in their weekly ad. In addition, I check online through their website because I recently found out that they post coupons that can only be found online and are not available in store or through the newspaper.

Thus, by checking online I can copy, paste and minimize the size of the coupon, fitting several on a word document and printing them out myself.

For the cost of a single sheet of paper and a drop of ink I saved ten dollars today simply by printing out two coupons. Ten dollars people.

Theoretically all coupons should be accepted, and if Walgreens posts or prints one coupon, it can be accepted together with a manufacturer's coupon found in a Sunday paper.

Thus many times in addition to being on sale in store, a store coupon online and a manufacturer coupon you can save up to and sometimes more than half the items original cost.

So next time you decide to go to a store, check their website and make sure they don't offer coupons right there on the page.

No comments: